Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Teaching is like the womb.
a Provider.
Thrives, enriches, sustains-
An intricate complexity of nature,
Empowering the formation of life,
Like teaching.
a Protector.
Thrives, enriches, sustains-
An absorbent of shock and undue impairment,
Sheltering the innocence of life,
Like teaching.
The womb,
a Cultivator.
Thrives, enriches, sustains-
A Vessel of growth, knowledge, and beauty,
Nourishing the mind, body, and spirit
Like teaching.
The womb
a Supporter.
Thrives, enriches, sustains-
A need to need and the need to be needed,
Encouraging emotion, curiosity, and voyage
Like Teaching.
The womb
Thrives-
A success of experience and history,
Connecting past, present, and future
Like teaching.
The womb
Enriches-
A deepening sense of connection to life unseen,
Enhancing love and admiration
Like teaching.
The womb
Sustains-
A momentum to keep going,
Pushing through the worries, tenderness, and unknown
Like teaching.
Nick Knacks and Trinkets
I am from framed photos,
Wood panels, and antiques a plenty.
From early mornings
And late nights,
From the darkest of the dark,
And the brightest of the bright.
I am from snow caves and enchanted forest castles,
From the Jewel on the Lake,
once a Lion, a panther, and a Lynx.
I am from moose, bears, and mosquitoes, oh my!
From big green tents, puffy sleeping bags, Mr. Winni B, and fishing poles.
From green hip boots, beating fish hearts and slippery fishy eyeballs,
A berry sleuth and entrepreneur of mud pie a la carte,
And Graham crackers, chocolate, and marshmallows.
I am from bright yellow ten speeds, volleyballs, dog bones and leashes,
From fuzzy caterpillars to shrews in need of rescue.
I am from little brown and green shoulder sashes.
Truth or dare, slumber parties, scary stories, and flashlight tales.
I am from roller skates, Barbie dolls, blue Smurfs, and Strawberry Shortcake that blew yummy berry kisses.
I am from Dwiggins across the lake,
Games, laughs, and shhh…let’s hide and seek.
From the Eagle in the River that led to Rosa Lee and Allen.
And airplane Cody, who was such a hoot.
From pranks and play and lashes and squabbles,
Yelling out you’re an idiot, spelled I-d-o-t,
To please, come and play with me.
I am from piggy tails, bobbie socks, and glossy strawberry lips.
From wooden walls taped with girlish fantasy and reality
Adorned with rows of stuffed animals like Apple, the koala
And Cotton Candy the pink bunny.
I am from Brandy, doll dresses, lap warmer, wet kisses, and wagging tail.
I am from envelopes and boxes,
Tin cans and smelly candles,
Nick knacks and trinkets filled with pieces
From here and there-
Really, a little bit of everywhere…
That make up who I am
And where I am from.
No comments:
Post a Comment