Thursday, September 3, 2009
beduc 406 9/3/09 OPEN HOUSE NIGHT
Tonight was open house. I was so excited to meet and greet the parents and students and begin to put faces with the names that I have seen a hundred times while helping put the room together. We had a great turn out- 17 out of the 27 students came in for a visit. It was so fun to see the kids. They were all very shy and quiet when we talked to them- to their parents' astonishment! Kind of funny! I was kind of shy, too. I didn't exactly know what to ask or what to say to the parents. I was often introduced by my master teacher as the "second adult in the room that will be extra help all year." I'm not totally sure how I feel about that really...yet, I didn't know what else to say other than I was the student teacher in training. What more could I say? I wonder if that particular phrase was used as a way of not putting forth any anxiety onto the parents; without having to say that I was a student that in a few month's time will "take over" their child's teacher. Nobody really likes knowing that a novice will be charge. It's just not comfortable. I'm sure parent letters will go out. I think the parents that I met took my presence in the room as a positive thing, which is good. I'm so happy to finally be in the school and have things all come together. I have really loved working with my master teacher and I am looking forward to seeing her teach! Things that I have seen so far are very positive, I'm really very happy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment