Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Daily BLog: 9/23/09
Wednesday-
If given the choice for me to "get the kids" from morning arrival or between standing at the xerox, I was to stand at the xerox. I think my MT is afraid of giving me "too much" to do. I would much rather do these sort of tasks of shuffling the kids here and there and give her time to get things situated. Yet, other times, she's afraid to ask me to run some copies. I can't quite figure her out. Sometimes it is frustrating, trying to figure out my role as the guest in her room.
I did lead a reading today. That was fun. It was funny to see my MT sitting on the floor with the kiddos smiling up at me and the book, right along with them. I am unsure as to what kinds of questions to ask while I'm reading to them. Although, I did bring this up to my MT and she said they say the thing to do is to read straight through for the love of reading and the fluency of it all, then go back and dissect parts that you want. So, that's what I did, but I did ask her help with the questions at the end anyway.
I hope this situation is comfortable for my MT! She's great and I know I've learned so much from her and I can continue learning so much from her, but I feel that she may be a little too stressed out.
If given the choice for me to "get the kids" from morning arrival or between standing at the xerox, I was to stand at the xerox. I think my MT is afraid of giving me "too much" to do. I would much rather do these sort of tasks of shuffling the kids here and there and give her time to get things situated. Yet, other times, she's afraid to ask me to run some copies. I can't quite figure her out. Sometimes it is frustrating, trying to figure out my role as the guest in her room.
I did lead a reading today. That was fun. It was funny to see my MT sitting on the floor with the kiddos smiling up at me and the book, right along with them. I am unsure as to what kinds of questions to ask while I'm reading to them. Although, I did bring this up to my MT and she said they say the thing to do is to read straight through for the love of reading and the fluency of it all, then go back and dissect parts that you want. So, that's what I did, but I did ask her help with the questions at the end anyway.
I hope this situation is comfortable for my MT! She's great and I know I've learned so much from her and I can continue learning so much from her, but I feel that she may be a little too stressed out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment