Tuesday, September 15, 2009

BEDUC 406- Daily Blog: 9/15/09

Tuesday-
Today was a pretty good day! It started out with a helpful husband, a cooperative toddler, and a free 16 oz. coffee! However, I walked into the school and began to feel unsure about myself. I have no idea why. I know everything is new, and I'm a pretty social person, but some people there are so hard to read! I don't know how to elaborate on that one. Anyhow. MT and I had more time to talk today, which was good because I don't feel like we have enough time to discuss much of anything. I was honest with her about how I feel that being an observer is hard work. She told me that she is afraid of giving me stuff to do because I'm not a parent volunteer. It seems as if the uncertainty that I've been feeling is because she and I both don't know where I fit in the scheme of things...maybe? I also wonder if the kids see me us just someone who is watching or an authority figure...like another teacher. Does this come in time? Should I not even worry about it? I guess I'm concerned with my role in the classroom and the broader concept of the school...as I'm trying to figure out the classroom environment and how everything falls into place.

No comments: