Friday, September 25, 2009
oops. Friday Blog: 9/18/09
After EACH Friday Class answer the following:
1. Describe one thing that you learned
2. What questions do you have and/or what do you still want to know
3. What are you anxious about regarding student teaching/teaching?
4. What are you excited about regarding student teaching/teaching?
One thing that I learned today was that I really need to utilize technology a lot more- to enhance my learning of the teaching profession and make connections (virtual or real) with other. What I'm unsure with that is that is to how to take advantage of everything that technology has to offer when you work in a district that blocks everything. Robin said that you should get the principal on your side, which is great in theory, but in practice, it just seems that one shouldn't have to continue to jump through all this hoops in order to teach. At least it feels like there are so many hoops to jump through. Are we a circus ring leader? I ask that with a lot of sarcasim because the answer could very well be yes.
Hence, I've got some questions wrapped up in what I learned as well, already, which is becoming more so. The more I learn, the more questions I have...this is what I am also learning! :o)
And of course, with the talk in class, I'm anxious in making those connections, the "human interactions" that we briefly disscussed. Watching my MT, time just is not on your side. Another thing that we discussed in class was to care about yourself, know your limits, and reflect. I've already been failing in the care for me part. I'm the last person to set time for...I need a few more hours in the day in order to get everything in! My dishes are in the sink, the toys are on the floor, and the laundry gets left from time to time....but there is still no time.
Nonetheless, I'm excitied about feeling good about myself, being confident in the classroom and my abilities as a teacher. I would be even more excited for the time to come when my MT wouldn't "forget" to let me read and when she seems a little less stressed herself because I can feed off of that.
1. Describe one thing that you learned
2. What questions do you have and/or what do you still want to know
3. What are you anxious about regarding student teaching/teaching?
4. What are you excited about regarding student teaching/teaching?
One thing that I learned today was that I really need to utilize technology a lot more- to enhance my learning of the teaching profession and make connections (virtual or real) with other. What I'm unsure with that is that is to how to take advantage of everything that technology has to offer when you work in a district that blocks everything. Robin said that you should get the principal on your side, which is great in theory, but in practice, it just seems that one shouldn't have to continue to jump through all this hoops in order to teach. At least it feels like there are so many hoops to jump through. Are we a circus ring leader? I ask that with a lot of sarcasim because the answer could very well be yes.
Hence, I've got some questions wrapped up in what I learned as well, already, which is becoming more so. The more I learn, the more questions I have...this is what I am also learning! :o)
And of course, with the talk in class, I'm anxious in making those connections, the "human interactions" that we briefly disscussed. Watching my MT, time just is not on your side. Another thing that we discussed in class was to care about yourself, know your limits, and reflect. I've already been failing in the care for me part. I'm the last person to set time for...I need a few more hours in the day in order to get everything in! My dishes are in the sink, the toys are on the floor, and the laundry gets left from time to time....but there is still no time.
Nonetheless, I'm excitied about feeling good about myself, being confident in the classroom and my abilities as a teacher. I would be even more excited for the time to come when my MT wouldn't "forget" to let me read and when she seems a little less stressed herself because I can feed off of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment