Wednesday, September 9, 2009
BEDUC 406- Daily Blog: 9/9/09
Well, today was the first day of school! These are the words that encompass the day- fast, busy, tiring. It was nice to see the kids in the classroom. I found myself looking at the kids and wondering what it would be like with me teaching them. These are the kids that I will be teaching, I kept thinking. There are a couple of kids who I think will need to be watched a little more closely than the others...I think. I don't exactly know if I have sound reason to say that. I'm basing it off of pure behavior from the first day, which I don't think is really fair, so I'm taking my first thoughts (I'd rather say thoughts than judgments) with a grain of salt.
The first day is really about exploring the boundaries and what is expected...not much else going on. It was interesting to watch my master teacher explain classroom management type of stuff. I really feel like I didn't do much, yet there was still so much to watch and listen to, that's probably why I feel tired! Not to mention the fact that my own kids kept me from getting a good night's sleep! I'm anxious about how I'm not feeling super excited and thrilled from the first day. I think some of that has to do with the fact that no sleep is taking it's toll and I feel that I was only the "second helper" in the room: the extra set of hands to do the little busy stuff....
I guess in a way, I felt like another volunteer. Will that change? Maybe my expectations are too high? I think I'll sleep on it...literally!
The first day is really about exploring the boundaries and what is expected...not much else going on. It was interesting to watch my master teacher explain classroom management type of stuff. I really feel like I didn't do much, yet there was still so much to watch and listen to, that's probably why I feel tired! Not to mention the fact that my own kids kept me from getting a good night's sleep! I'm anxious about how I'm not feeling super excited and thrilled from the first day. I think some of that has to do with the fact that no sleep is taking it's toll and I feel that I was only the "second helper" in the room: the extra set of hands to do the little busy stuff....
I guess in a way, I felt like another volunteer. Will that change? Maybe my expectations are too high? I think I'll sleep on it...literally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment