Saturday, September 5, 2009
BEDUC 406 RE: Friday 9/4/06
One thing that I learned today, which isn't something that I didn't know before, but validates my own feelings is that the rest of my classmates are also feeling the ambiguity of our student teaching position. We all have expectations, fears, and excitements that make us wonder what it is we should be experiencing at this moment. For me, since my school hasn't started yet, I'm feeling anxious about getting to know my classroom community- who the children are from the moment they walk in that door. Not what their parents say of them and not what last years teacher says about them either, but who they are- on that morning and every morning and afternoon from here on out.
One thing that excites me is watching my master teacher in action. We've had a few days to talk and I'm asked her hundreds of questions and she's offered many glimpses into what she does, but the pieces of the puzzle are not complete without me seeing her actually teach. A lot of the time, I'll ask a question on who she does something and she says, "I have to teach them." It's kind of funny to me; that answer, but it makes me so excited. There is so much that I want to know, but I will only know once I see it!
One thing that excites me is watching my master teacher in action. We've had a few days to talk and I'm asked her hundreds of questions and she's offered many glimpses into what she does, but the pieces of the puzzle are not complete without me seeing her actually teach. A lot of the time, I'll ask a question on who she does something and she says, "I have to teach them." It's kind of funny to me; that answer, but it makes me so excited. There is so much that I want to know, but I will only know once I see it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment