Wednesday, September 16, 2009

BEDUC 406- Daily Blog: 9/16/09

Wednesday-
Today felt to be a much better day- my MT and I had more time to talk about various things that she does in the classroom. We could really talk forever! :) That made me feel better about things because we can build up a stronger relationship. I also met my field Instructor...felt a little more anxious about what we need to do and who is watching- all that good stuff.

From observing, something came to mind: the kids who don't make a fuss or a scene, but who aren't following along versus the kids who are behaviorally more noticeable. I have noticed that much more praise is given to the "frequent flyer" kids when they are "behaving", but not to the "normal" kids,and especially the kids who aren't noticeable, but aren't following task- hardly ever get noticed or publicly recognized as doing what they are supposed to be doing. What do you do with this? How do you manage it? I talked with my MT about this for just a moment and she said that you have to try to catch everyone at their best. At the time, that was her only offering, but I'm sure this particular instance will shed more light as it becomes available.

With it being only my 4th day in the classroom with the kids, I'm starting to become more familiar with the schedule and more knowledgeable of the kids, however, I wish I had more time to be in the classroom with them. I'm worried that once we all start to get comfortable with each other (me with them and them with me) it'll be time for me to go to my dyad and three months seem like forever! I plan on going in on my days "off" just so I still have that time to build relationships and knowledge.

No comments: